Login as a User

how to install a valley on a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install a valley on a metal roof
Asked: 2019-03-06 05:54:23
How do you install a valley on a metal roof?

Answered: 2019-03-06 13:30:57

Easily. Follow these steps: Start by cleaning any debris out of the valley. Then lay down some peel and stick roofing membrane . Fold the top over the roof ridge and cut the bottom along the drip edge metal. Install synthetic roofing underlay or felt paper according to manufacturer specifications and then install the first piece of valley flashing. W-type valley flashing is more sturdy for handling, so it stays straight, and it stops water rushing down one side of a roof from rushing back up the other side.Cut the bottom edge, and fold it down over the drip edge. Make sure to cover the gap at the bottom of the raised ridge to keep bugs and ice out. To splice the pieces, add roofing cement to the lower piece, and install the upper piece, with at least a six-inch overlap. Fold the top of the flashing over the ridge, and nail it off every ten inches or so along the outer edge of the flashing, You're sorted!

Answered: 2019-03-07 13:10:01

You don't, hahahahahaha. You get a professional to do it. Seriously, there are several steps to this and it astounds me why people think they can just get up on a roof and do it themselves. I don't let some of my junior guys up there. Even people who have experience can have accidents. So, it's not just about your ability, but your safety. Plus once you have all the tools and materials, there's not much difference in price anyway. We can get the materials cheaper and we already have the tools.

Answered: 2019-03-06 15:29:06

I don't have Pinterest but my roomie does everything, and I mean absolutely everything round our place by using things he's seen on Pinterest. How cool is that? I often think that the internet is a scourge on society, but hey, if you can find out how to put a valley in a metal roof, then perhaps it's not so bad after all.

Answered: 2019-03-08 04:05:48

I just asked my brother about this as he's been roofing for several years. His first advice was not to skip the measurements, get them right or you'll have more problems to deal with. He also recommended these 3D instructions, and it looks pretty straightforward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQb2TLFTHRw

Answered: 2019-03-06 19:32:58

American Building Components (ABC) have a how-to guide on their website. It's fantastic. They go through all the measuring and every single little detail that you need to install a valley on your roof. I've added the link here to make it easy for you: href="https://www.abcmetalroofing.com/How-to-Install-Valley-Panel/" > description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers