Login as a User

how to cover a flat roof options

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to cover a flat roof options
Asked: 2019-05-01 08:08:06
I recently started to work on a new flat roof in my house and I’m almost finished right now. It was hard work so far, but it’s paying off really well and it’s looking great. One of my main problems at this moment is that I’m not sure about how to proceed with the materials used to cover the roof. What are the main options of materials that can be used to cover a flat roof? What do these materials have to offer me? Are there any best choices for specific situations? Is there any kind of tip that I should know about?

Answered: 2019-05-03 05:04:15

You got plenty of options. For instance, two or three layers of torch-on felt are the cheapest option. It won’t have the greatest results, but it’s pretty decent overall. EPDM rubberised roofing is one of the easiest to install and can last up to 30 years, so I would say that it’s a pretty great option.

Answered: 2019-05-02 15:52:36

Personally, I would use PVC or torch-on felt. These are pretty great options and they are not too expensive, too. Mastic asphalt can also be a pretty considerable option for you in some cases. It all depends on your situation, really. Some products are more expensive than the others, but this doesn’t mean that they are necessarily the best.

Answered: 2019-05-02 23:56:38

My favorite one is mastic asphalt. It lasts longer than any other kind of product, which is why it's great. I like torch-on felt a lot, too, but you need to apply more layers for it to be effective. If your roof has a complex shape, using the so-called liquid roofs is not a bad option. It is very expensive, though.

Answered: 2019-05-02 17:49:46

Single ply membranes such as PVC are some of the most common ones and can be pretty good. I would also recommend torch-on felt, which is pretty inexpensive. If you want, you can also install a green roof. This article explains about them. description.

Answered: 2019-05-02 10:23:10

There are several types of coverings that you can choose from. Torch-on felt, mastic asphalt, single ply membranes and liquid roofs are only some of the most common ones that you can find. Some of these materials last longer, while others are easier to install. The truth is that each material would be perfect for a certain desire.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers