Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof for a shed

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof for a shed
Asked: 2020-01-29 15:14:26
Need some help trying to figure out how to build a pitched roof on my shed. I got some vacation time soon and I never go anywhere so I thought I'd do some at home projects like build a pitched roof for my shed since it leaks sometimes. Anyway, any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Answered: 2020-01-31 08:46:06

Oh, I don’t really think this is going to be much of a vacation but maybe that’s just me. Anyway, you can measure everything you need to do then install the main timber pieces and supporting posts in the correct locations and then you can make your trusses. After you are all done with that you can use some plywood and shingles to go on top.

Answered: 2020-01-31 02:30:48

I found this site description when I was trying to help you with this during my research. I hope this helps but it says that you should measure your roof and then you can figure out the rise of your pitched roof on your shed. Then, you can install two big pieces of timber and then the supporting posts. Then, you can make your trusses and put some plywood and shingles on top of your new shed roof.

Answered: 2020-01-31 11:45:46

I’ve read about this before but I’ve never attempted it on my own. I think you need to measure the roof with like a measuring tape or something you have on hand. Then, you can figure out the rise of your pitched roof. And then, you can really start by installing the two timber pieces which have to be paralell to each other. You need to then install the supporting posts and then make the trusses and put on the plywood and shingles. I hope you have fun with this!

Answered: 2020-01-29 22:49:44

Okay, this is kind of complicated for me but I’m going to try to help you out. I’m pretty sure you should start by using a measuring tape and measure everything on the roof. Then, you can figure out the rise of your pitched roof. This will get a little harder as you install the two timber wooden pieces and supporting posts. You can also make your trusses and install some plywood for your roof the top and add some shingles.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers