Login as a User

what are concrete roof tiles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. what are concrete roof tiles
Asked: 2019-05-18 15:47:55
My husband and I are building a house for the first time. I had no idea there were so many different options when it comes to roofing! He really wants to do a concrete roof, but I'm not so sure. What exactly are concrete roof tiles, and how likely are they to last for a long time like I need them to?

Answered: 2019-05-20 04:31:34

I've never lived in a house that didn't have concrete roof tiles, so I don't have much to compare it to. However I can tell you that these tiles have never given me any trouble. Concrete roof tiles are meant to last for at least 50 years, and I can confirm that's the truth for us. We've never had to replace our concrete tile roof, and I don't think we will have to anytime soon either.

Answered: 2019-05-19 10:16:14

Concrete roof tiles are one of the most durable and dynamic roofing materials, in my opinion. I have been a roofing contractor for 30 years and I have yet to find a roofing style that I like better than concrete roof tiles. They cause the least problems and last for the longest time. I hope this gives you some peace of mind that you're making the right call on your roof.

Answered: 2019-05-19 11:16:31

Concrete is a popular construction and demolition material, as confirmed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

We want to listen to your answers