Login as a User

how to flash a metal roof to a wall

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to flash a metal roof to a wall
Asked: 2019-05-11 02:33:55
Please tell me how you flash a metal roof to a wall? Going to attempt it myself if possible.

Answered: 2019-05-11 19:59:29

Google "expert roof companies" in your area. Take out your cell. Call their number. Get an expert. People train in certain things for a reason. Have the respect for their profession that you do for your own and pay someone to do it.

Answered: 2019-05-13 00:20:11

Do you follow "Exteriors by Gary Whilock" or am I just the nerd that loves this stuff? It's given me loads of ideas. Anyway, whether you do or don't, Gary has got a video on this, and you can find it here: href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSHfm0rSXk" > description , so you'll be able to do it by yourself. Hope it works out!

Answered: 2019-05-11 23:14:47

Certainly is possible. I've done it, back on our old home and now the one we've been living in for the past five years. Get yourself on Pinterest and do a search for "flashing metal roof to wall" and a range of options will come up. The pics on them and everything. Super easy. Like an online instruction menu.

Answered: 2019-05-12 13:15:04

Go to a metal fabricator and get them to custom create the metal sheet for you with a bend in it (I went for 105 degree bend because my roof is 15 degrees - works well for flashing). Get some flashing tape and the angle of the wall correct and you'll be absolutely fine.

Answered: 2019-05-12 04:37:36

This is quite an old post, but the guy definitely knows what he's on about. The weather-proofing tricks he's got on there have kept our roof leak-free for almost eight years. href="https://www.finehomebuilding.com/2009/03/05/kickout-flashing-how-to-flash-troublesome-roof-to-wall-intersections" > description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers