Login as a User

how to build a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a metal roof
Asked: 2019-04-21 02:36:16
I'm so confused. Please help me here on metal roofs. I don’t understand how to build a metal roof. Does anyone know the process of building a metal roof? I need help on this since I've been thinking about building a metal roof with my brother who works in construction. But I want to know a little more about it so I don't look confused if we do decide to do it ourselves.

Answered: 2019-04-21 10:14:06

I did research of my own not that long ago and found this website description that tells people how to install a metal roof. It tells you to make sure to clear away old and damaged shingles and fix any repairs that’s needed on your roof. After you figure out what metal materials to use, you can measure your roof. After that, you can install the edging with some nails. Then, you can begin to install the metal material to your roof. You can then install the roof ventilation which you can get the stuff for that in a kit. Finally, you can install the flashing which is important to help keep your roof dry from rain.

Answered: 2019-04-22 11:26:41

It’s pretty simple for me but that might be because I grew up around it. You can install a metal roof by figuring out the measurements so you get the amount of material right. Then, you can install the edging, metal material, roof ventilation, and then the flashing. Of course, the flashing is important since it can help keep your roof dry from the rain.

Answered: 2019-04-22 01:01:52

You can clear away damaged shingles and repair any parts of the roof that it requires. Then, you can take the measurements of your roof to make sure you can pick out the metal materials you chose. Then, you can install the edging, install the metal material, install the roof ventilation, and lastly install the flashing to your roof. However, you might want to seek a professional since they can ensure it’s done accurately and safely.

Answered: 2019-04-22 22:51:03

You might consider hiring a professional if you’ve never installed a metal roof, but that’s up to you. I know you can start by getting the metal material you want. You should have measured the roof beforehand though to make sure you have the correct measurements on the material you got. Then, you can install the edging, install the metal material, install the roof ventilation, and then install the flashing.

Answered: 2019-04-21 12:25:40

You should probably figure out which metal material you want first and pick them according to the measurements you took of your roof. Then, you can begin by installing the edging with some special type of nails. Then, you can install the metal material to your roof. Next, you should install the roof ventilation, which you might be able to get in a kit at the store. After all that is done, you can finally install the flashing.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers