Login as a User

can you put solar panels on a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. can you put solar panels on a flat roof
Asked: 2019-06-05 11:21:21
My dad wants to redo his whole house so it's more environementally friendly and all that. So, I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to put solar panels on a flat roof? I would be very grateful if you know how. Thanks so much.

Answered: 2019-06-06 08:47:47

The good news is that you can in fact have solar panels install on your flat roof. However, you need to have at least a roof slope of 0.25:12. That’s the minimum slope for this to work. Otherwise, I guess you wouldn’t be able to put solar panels on your flat roof.

Answered: 2019-06-05 21:00:08

That’s so exciting! I really wish I could save my money someday to have an environmentally friendly house. I did read up on this for one of my school assignment once about solar panels and it said there is a requirement of the slope of your roof to be at least ¼:12.

Answered: 2019-06-07 00:07:35

I’m pretty sure there is a ¼:12 requirement of a slope for anyone to have solar panels on their roof. A roof shouldn’t be completely flat anyone even though they are called flat roofs. So, you might have a professional make a bigger slope on your dad’s roof if his roof doesn't have this required slope.

Answered: 2019-06-06 17:54:55

I found this site description and it says that you can put solar panels on a flat roof. However, there is a minimum slope of ¼:12 or low pitch roofs. I guess any slope lower than that won’t work. I sure hope your dad is able to redo his house the way he wants since it sounds really awesome.

Answered: 2019-06-06 03:29:33

I remember I read about this a while back when I was helping my brother with his solar panels and he has a flat roof. There is a requirement that your flat roof to have a slope of ¼:12. So, technically you can have solar panels on a flat roof. I hope this information helps you and your dad decide on what to do.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers