Login as a User

how to melt snow on a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to melt snow on a flat roof
Asked: 2020-01-29 06:42:50
Apparently there's some way to melt snow on a flat roof. I have a flat roof on my new roof and I want it stay in good condition for a long time since I don't like wasting my money like I used to when I was still in my twenties. So, does anyone know how to melt snow on a flat roof?

Answered: 2020-01-30 20:34:34

You can use a heated de-icing cable which you can buy on amazon. However, you can also have proper insulation which will prevent ice dams from forming on your roof. You can water proof your roof so that the rain, ice, and snow doesn’t damage your roof. However, you shouldn’t go on top of your flat roof to take snow or ice off since it can be really dangerous.

Answered: 2020-01-29 22:47:28

You can clear away snow with snow rake, have good insulation, and have waterproof your roof. However, you can melt the snow on your roof by getting a heated de-icing cable. You don’t want your house melting the snow on your roof since that will cause ice dams to form.

Answered: 2020-01-29 12:12:55

I found this site when I was researching how to melt snow on a flat roof description and it says that you use a heated de-icing cable to melt snow on your roof. However, it also says not to go on your roof when there’s snow and ice on it since it can be very slippery and dangerous.

Answered: 2020-01-30 04:04:14

You can use a heated de-icing cable to properly melt the ice on your roof if you want to use one. However, you can also waterproof your roof to protect it from the snow from damaging your roof. You can also sweep some snow off with a snow rake if you can reach some of the snow on your roof without getting on top of the roof.

Answered: 2020-01-31 05:47:33

I know you can use a snow rake to clear away the snow on the roof. You can also melt the snow on your roof by using some type of heated de-icing cable that you can buy online. However, you should know that if you don't have proper insulation on the roof, the house could warm up the snow on the roof and cause ice dams to form on top of your roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers