Login as a User

how to lift concrete roof tiles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to lift concrete roof tiles
Asked: 2019-07-10 10:10:40
I noticed that a few of the concrete tiles on my roof are damaged and I need to replace them. Are the tiles difficult to remove or can I remove them on my own and replace them? I don’t want to have to pay a lot to make my house look better, but I do want to have to invest a lot in the repairs. I am putting my home on the market quickly and want to be able to get as much for it as possible and fixing the broken shingles will help.

Answered: 2019-07-12 01:42:16

Replacing concrete tiles isn’t hard to do. Just stick a crowbar under the tiles that are next to the damaged tiles and pull them up. You can then pull up the damaged tile and replace it with one that isn’t damaged. Adhesive is available to allow you to essentially glue the new tile into place so that you can easily replace it somewhat inexpensively.

Answered: 2019-07-11 04:52:19

You could simply break the tiles apart with a hammer. The only thing that will be difficult is placing the new tiles in place. If the tiles are located near the edge of the roof you can just break apart the tiles that are next to the broken ones and replace them all with ease.

Answered: 2019-07-10 13:20:43

I decided to replace some of my shingles that were damaged. I used description to learn how to be able to safely remove the nondamaged tiles and replace the ones that are damaged. It was really easy to use a hammer and do the work myself so you should be able to it yourself too.

Answered: 2019-07-11 03:29:19

Concrete roof tiles are very fragile. You may want to hire a roofer to replace the tiles to decrease the chances of causing damage to other tiles when you try to do the replacement. The roofer has the necessary tools to be able to access the tiles without having to put weight on any undamaged tiles.

Answered: 2019-07-10 20:04:01

The concrete roof tiles are held on with nails or adhesive. It depends on how the tiles are attached to your roof as to how you will need to take them off. Nailed tiles can be pulled up with the back of a hammer. Tiles that are adhered need to have a solvent applied to them with a paint brush to loosen the adhesive so that they can be removed without falling apart.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers