Login as a User

can you spray foam the underside of your roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. can you spray foam the underside of your roof
Asked: 2019-11-11 04:47:27
I am building a log cabin and was wondering about using spray foam insulation between the ceiling and the underside of the roof. Is this a good method of insulation?

Answered: 2019-11-11 22:00:58

It seems that you know the importance of good insulation. Since you have a shingle style roof, spray foam insulation would be your best option. The company TAMKO put out technical notice recently that I think you would like to read. That link is description. It particularly addresses shingle roofs.

Answered: 2019-11-11 07:39:26

Replacing the insulation under the roof will give you a fresh start with your new tile roof. A few things to consider are whether that attic space is vented or unvented. Are you planning on closed cell or open cell foam insulation? To help answer these questions I would check out this article. description.

Answered: 2019-11-12 09:09:12

Spray foam insulation is a good option for a log cabin. I would recommend using a closed cell spray foam though. This can help to keep moisture away from the beautiful logs. A case study on a home in West Virginia could help you. The link to that study is description.

Answered: 2019-11-11 06:12:00

Anytime you begin seeing condensation on your insulation you should plan on replacing it. Your home is to big of an investment to let unwanted water damage happen. Spray foam insulation is beneficial because it expands as it dries. It can reach the small places that fiberglass cant. Check out this article to learn more. https://www.usiinc.com/blog/spray-foam-insulation/advantages-spray-foam-insulation/>description.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers