Login as a User

how to add a pitch to a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to add a pitch to a flat roof
Asked: 2019-01-31 17:06:10
I was really hoping someone on here can help me out. My husband and I are remodeling our house and we are going to try to do some of it on our own. For now, we plan on trying to add a pitch onto our flat roof. I don't know how well that's going to be, so I'd thought I'd ask how professionals or amateurs do it and go from there.

Answered: 2019-02-02 01:40:00

When you hire someone, they will probably figure out the roof span and pitch on their own with some of your input on how much of a pitch you want. Then, they can tear off any old material on the roof that needs to be out of the way. After that they will add the new roof trusses and replace the roof sheathing. After all that, they should be able to install the material to the roof that you chose.

Answered: 2019-02-02 05:11:14

It might not be too difficult if you know what you are doing. You and your husband probably should hire a professional though. They will start by figuring out the measurements to see where to place the peak of the roof. Afterward, they can remove all of the roofing material which means the interior stuff too. Then, they should add the roof trusses and then they can use new or old roof sheathing, it really depends on if it’s still good. And then they can finally install the new material you picked out to create the roof you want.

Answered: 2019-02-01 13:51:22

You might be able to do it on your own, but a professional could save you money in case you do it wrong. They can figure out where the peak should be at by measuring your roof. They can estimate how much it will cost you. Then, they can remove all the old roofing material that’s not needed anymore. Next, they will probably add the new roof trusses in the right spot and add a new roof sheathing. Lastly, they can install the new material.

Answered: 2019-02-02 13:55:42

I was researching this after I saw your interesting question and found this site description and it says that a roofing contractor usually starts by measuring the area you want the pitch on your roof. They can figure out where the peak of the new roof will be and then they can come up with a price for you like labor and cost of supplies. If you hire someone, they will then remove the roofing materials already on the roof. Then, they will add the new trusses and roof sheathing and install the new material you picked out.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers