Login as a User

do concrete roof tiles become porous

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. do concrete roof tiles become porous
Asked: 2019-07-23 08:15:42
I know that concrete is a naturally porous material. This would mean that water could get in. How are concrete roof not porous?

Answered: 2019-07-25 03:52:56

I am not sure that we can fully discuss this question here. There are so many reasons that concrete or clay tile roofs have lasted for centuries. I read a great publication that I think will help you understand this topic better. The link to it is description. It is an interesting read.

Answered: 2019-07-23 22:11:34

You are correct that concrete is a naturally porous material. It can be used on roofs because of the sealants that can be applied to the tiles. These sealants will help slow down the process of your tiles showing their porous nature and causing any problems. A good resource about this is description.

Answered: 2019-07-24 00:28:36

Concrete tile roofs are waterproof initially because they are treated with a sealant. Over time the sealant will begin to wear off. Sun, rain, wind, and snow can all cause concrete tiles to become porous. If this is an issue then I suggest reading this article, description. Happy sealing!

Answered: 2019-07-24 07:25:21

Concrete tile roofs can become porous over time. They are sealed in the beginning but circumstances cause this to change. Weather and climate is a huge factor. You also could have issues in the underlayment poor insulation. An article I really like is description. It has good information about concrete tile roofs.

Answered: 2021-09-15 10:49:10

Nobody could ever describe this article the way you did, i really would appreciate if you could write about where to Buy Adderall online no prescription?

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers