Login as a User

how to insulate a concrete roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to insulate a concrete roof
Asked: 2019-09-03 07:49:16
I’m having a hard time keeping the temperature in my house consistent. I have a flat concrete roof. Is there any way to insulate it better so that I can try to maintain the temperature better? I don’t want to have to spend a ton of money, but I will spend some money if it will save me in power costs in the long run.

Answered: 2019-09-05 04:00:47

I would have a roofer come out to look at the roof to see if the insulation is the problem. If insulation needs to be added to the roof, the roofer can tell you which option will be the most affordable and the easiest way to make it happen a quickly as possible.

Answered: 2019-09-05 03:23:46

Insulating a concrete flat roof isn’t hard to do. Just get some insulation and push it between the rafters of the interior of your roof. This will create added insulation and help reduce the energy costs in your home. It’s very inexpensive and easy enough to do that you can do it on your own.

Answered: 2019-09-04 05:32:02

You can just paint the roof with reflective paint. The rays of the sun will bounce off of the roof and make it easier to maintain a consistent temperature in the home. There are paints that are designed for uses on flat roofs and if your roof is in good condition, you can easily apply the paint yourself.

Answered: 2019-09-04 18:40:08

There are multiple options to use when insulating a concrete flat roof. I learned on description that each option has its own benefits. I found that an inverted warm roof was the best option for me. I had a roofer install it and it was done in a lot less time than I thought it was going to take.

Answered: 2019-09-05 01:32:33

Go to a home improvement store and rent a spray foam insulation machine. You can then spray the foam between the rafters of the roof on the interior of the home. The spray foam stays in place on its own and can really help to improve the insulation in the house for a very minimal cost.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers