Login as a User

how to diassemble a standing seam metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to diassemble a standing seam metal roof
Asked: 2019-07-08 13:51:53
Hello, guys. Is there any easy way for me to disassemble a standing seam metal roof? I recently decided to do it but I’m facing a hard time. I don’t want to damage the product because I want to use it later again. However, I need to take it away first. My brother-in-law said that I couldn’t do it without destroying some of the current metal roof, but I don’t buy it. There’s got to be a way to make it work. I know that you guys won’t disappoint me this time, so please help me to find a solution for this huge problem I got.

Answered: 2019-07-10 11:46:09

It really depends a lot on the kind of standing seam metal roof that you used. If it is the type that they “snap” together, you can unsnap them using something like a prybar, just be sure to do it very carefully not to damage the material. Once you take out the nails, it will be very easy to do it.

Answered: 2019-07-09 07:46:04

You can probably do it with a prybar, but you need some strength and it can be dangerous if you are not used to it. Whenever working with construction, even if you are on your own home, you should follow some of these guidelines description They protect the life of many workers every day, and you might regret the decision of not following them. Work safe!

Answered: 2019-07-09 22:00:47

Hello! It depends a lot on the type of panel that you are using. If it is a truly mechanically locked seam, you may not be able to do it without damaging it, unfortunately. A more simple type of seam can be taken out after some time with the right tools.

Answered: 2019-07-10 02:17:01

It’s very hard to give an answer without actually seeing your roof. There are many different models that it can be and this would change the process. Simpler models which are not mechanical can be taken off by taking the screws. Other mechanical modes are harder and they will probably be damaged during the process.

Answered: 2019-07-10 03:53:11

First, you need to unscrew all the screws or nails. Be very careful when doing this. A lot of people fall from their roofs when doing these kinds of repairs, so it is never a good idea to forget safety. After that, you can generally slide the standing seam metal from the roof. Some complex types of roofs can be harder to do it, though, so be aware of that.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers