Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof carport

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof carport
Asked: 2019-07-02 19:03:55
My carport is pretty much falling apart and is in dire need of a new roof. Obviously, before replacing walls and beams underneath the roof, I want to start with the roof, working my way down to ensure that the rest of the structure is protected. How would I go about building a pitched roof over my carport?

Answered: 2019-07-03 10:58:03

Building a pitched roof over a carport isn’t really much different than building a pitched roof over anything else. Check out this tutorial on how to do so description Just keep in mind that no matter what kind of roof youre building, you will have a learning curve and the first one probably won’t come out perfectly.

Answered: 2019-07-04 19:57:19

Okay, so i’m no expert but was able to build a carport using the instructions from this site description It didn’t come out perfectly but i didn’t have to hire anyone so… i guess its a win? Whatever you do, be careful… working on ladders can be dangerous

Answered: 2019-07-04 13:45:44

Put a really tall post in the middle of your carport to allow other two by fours to rest on it. That’ll give you like a base of sorts. Then use other two by fours for more support until you have small enough gaps to cover with plywood. Then add roofing felt and finally shingles. It’ll take time but you can do it

Answered: 2019-07-04 09:34:49

Call a professional for some help. You’ll have a roof in a lot less time than you would if you attempt it yourself and you’ll also be much happier with the finished product. Definitely don’t try to do this yourself because you might damage the overall structure.

Answered: 2019-07-02 20:08:45

Building a pitched roof over anything is going to be complicated. Instead of trying to do this yourself, call several companies for estimates and go with the one you can afford. (avoid the cheapest ones because they usually offer crap work) anyway, you can claim that you did it yourself and no one will know but your neighbors.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers