Login as a User

how to build a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a metal roof
Asked: 2019-09-26 13:09:22
Hey, Mack here. I was hoping one of you guys could help me out with a construction question that I have. I’m trying to build make a sturdy roof for my house for my wife and I. Does anyone know how to build a metal roof? Any kind of help you guys give would be awesome right now since I’m kind of clueless.

Answered: 2019-09-27 03:35:21

I know you can start by figuring out the measurements of your roof and clearing out any damaged shingles you have on your roof. Fix and damages too if you need to and then you can start by installing the edging. Then, you can install the metal material you picked out before you started. Of course, the next thing is to install the roof ventilation and last you install the flashing. I know the flashing can help keep your roof dry, so that’s always important to have on your roof.

Answered: 2019-09-27 08:34:48

I was researching how to build a metal roof out of curiosity and found this description which explains in great detail how to install a metal roof. You can clear away damaged shingles that’s on the roof and do any repairs that’s needed after you figure out which materials you want to use and the measurements of your roof. Next, you can begin to install the edging with special nails. After that, you can install the metal material that you decided to use on your roof. When you install the roof ventilation next, you can usually get a kit at a store for that. And finally, you can install the flashing. The flashing is crucial since it helps keep your roof dry from the rainwater.

Answered: 2019-09-28 03:14:26

You can figure out which type of metal materials you want to use on your roof first. Decide wisely to make sure you don’t overspend. Then, you can clear away damaged roof pieces and fix whatever needs it. Then, you will install the edging with some nails. Next, you should install whatever metal material that you figured out beforehand. Some might cost more than others. Installing the roof ventilation and then the flashing is installed last.

Answered: 2019-09-27 17:34:59

Installing a metal roof might be too difficult to do on your own and a professional can do it more better. It will probably last longer and be safer too if they do it. However, if you decide to do it on your own, you can measure your roof first. Having the measurements is important since then you can find out who much material you need. Clearing and fix your roof and figuring out which material you want to use is important. Then, you can install the edging with nails. Next, you can install the metal material that you want to use and then install the roof ventilation. After all that you can finally put the flashing on.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers