Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof gazebo

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof gazebo
Asked: 2019-04-06 22:36:07
My wife loves to entertain. And my entertain, I mean she loves inviting people over while i grill and she drinks. Anyway, to help keep our guests cool, we are planning to build a gazebo. Of course, it has to look a certain (perfect) way to make sure she loves it. This means that the gazebo must have a pitched roof. How do i go about achieving this feat? Cause Lord help me, I don’t want to do this twice!

Answered: 2019-04-08 13:28:25

If your gazebo is square or rectangular, you can buy some gables to get you started. Once you have the gables in place, add a center beam between them. Then nail on some two by fours in even increments from one another. After that, add some plywood, roofing felt, and your shingles.

Answered: 2019-04-07 15:03:28

Call a professional to build your gazebo’s roof or just buy a gazebo with the roof included in the package. That way you have the instructions already included and don’t have to trust random strangers on the internet for what is probably bad advice.

Answered: 2019-04-07 14:45:14

Don’t try to build a roof on your own. Call a hardware store and ask if they offer classes for this type of thing. If they don’t, either ask a friend who knows how to build a roof or call a professional. Building any roof can be dangerous because of the fact that you’re up off the ground and having to work while on a ladder.

Answered: 2019-04-08 07:21:09

I thought gazebos already came with roofs. If yours didn’t i’d call the manufacturer and complain about yours being missing. Cause the whole point of a gazebo is the shade it provides FROM THE ROOF IT CAME WITH. So yeah, skip building this. The structure should already have one!

Answered: 2019-04-07 01:35:40

I don’t explain things real well and i don’t know the names for a lot of the stuff i used but i saved this video in case i needed to refer back to it. Mainly because it’s awesome and helped a lot. Check it out and see if you can maybe figure out how to build your roof from it! description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers