Login as a User

how do you put a mteal roof on a house

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how do you put a mteal roof on a house
Asked: 2019-09-19 05:20:52
Has anyone every installed a metal roof on their house? I've read all about how efficient and effective it is and I want to make sure other people think it was worth doing and if they did it themselves? I'm a pretty handy guy and want to give it a try.

Answered: 2019-09-20 07:33:24

The good news is you can learn how to put the metal roof on your home yourself. The bad news is your shouldn't do it. Almost everyone wants a new metal roof even on conventional houses because the manufacturing and installation is cheaper and easier. What's even better is metal roofs can be put over your existing roof which is a dream come true for some homeowners. But if you're doing it yourself you can have major problems with trapped vapor between the metal roofing and old roofing. Professional roofers can install a vented metal roof that eliminates this potential problem. There are a load of other problems but suffice to say don't do it yourself. description.

Answered: 2019-09-21 05:59:04

You definitely need to learn how to do this yourself because by putting a metal roof on your home you will improve your resale value by 1 to 6 percent when compared with an asphalt-shingled home. Then on top of that, you can save 85.9% on the cost of your metal roof compared to other roofing materials. You can keep your home cooler in the summer because a light colored metal roof will save you 25% in cooling costs. By putting on yourself you have a win/win. description.

Answered: 2019-09-20 10:17:37

If you want an easy to learn DIY project doing a new metal roof on your home is the way to go. Metal roofs are much better than asphalt roofing material and easier to install. In addition, they conserve energy, and withstand the elements for many years. If you buy your supplies from us we can help you finish your installation with the materials you need and even will give you a couple of helpers with some fall protection equipment designed for roof work. description.

Answered: 2019-09-20 04:36:32

No matter how hot or cold it is outside the temperature doesn't affect the metal or painted metal finish. Any home warranty for your roof isn't usually impacted by using metal over your old shingles if you want to. In fact over the course of a year there are statistics that prove 90% of metal roofs go in over old shingles. You'll love what the metal roof gives you once you change and it will help save you money, and its easy to learn how to do it yourself. description.

Answered: 2019-09-21 02:57:53

I learned how to do it myself and I saved a bucket of money.I asked around and found out that most people spend $8,960-12,240 to install a metal roof on a 1,600 sq.ft. home. This is the equivalent of $560-765 per roof square. I saved myself not only the cost of the materials which came in at about 60% less but by installing it myself I saved myself a bunch of contract labor costs too. That was ten years ago and it's still going strong. :) description.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers