Login as a User

how to measure a roof for metal roofing

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to measure a roof for metal roofing
Asked: 2019-02-14 21:38:52
Hey, I need some help! I've never been one for construction and such. That's why I'm researching this stuff but can't seem to figure this question out. How do you guys measure a roof for metal roofing? Is there a way to do this? Explaining it would be very helpful. Thanks!

Answered: 2019-02-15 15:06:22

You should draw a rough sketch of your roof. It doesn’t have to be beautiful, but it should still contain straight lines and correct measurements. You should also draw out any roof vents or fireplaces or whatever else you might have on the roof with measurements on the paper. Then, you can also write down the roof slope or pitch and write those measurements down as well.

Answered: 2019-02-16 00:20:20

Some people might do it their own way, but if you want to measure it right for a professional, then you should probably start by drawing your roof on a piece of paper. You can use a ruler or something to get straight lines and measure each side and write correct measurements in the right spots. Then, you can add any other parts of your roof like roof vents or fireplaces with the right measurements on the paper. The last thing you should make sure to have is the roof slope or pitch measurements written on the paper too.

Answered: 2019-02-15 16:30:55

I wasn’t that good at construction when I first started but we all can learn. I found out that you can measure for a metal roof by drawing out a sketch on a paper. You can figure out the correct measurements on each side and write them down on the corresponding straight lines that you’ve drawn. Then, you can also add the roof slope or pitch measurements. Finally, I’d draw out any fireplaces and such that needs measurements written down.

Answered: 2019-02-15 11:09:58

I found this site description and it explains how you should begin by drawing a sketch of your roof. It doesn’t have to be a perfect drawing, but it should have straight lines, so you can use a ruler for that. Write down the correct measurements in the right locations. However, you should also include any other things on the roof such as fireplaces or roof vents. Those should also have accurate measurements in the correct places. It would be good to figure out the roof pitch or slope and writing that down as well.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers