Login as a User

how to install metal roofing on a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install metal roofing on a flat roof
Asked: 2019-06-24 13:48:15
My brother told me my roof is pretty bad which I already knew since it leaks a lot. I was wondering if anyone knows how to install metal roofing on a flat roof? I have a flat roof, so I was hoping the metal roofing would be good for my house.

Answered: 2019-06-25 11:43:22

I feel for you. I hated having to get my roof redone. You can probably get a good, metal roof put on. The installation process starts by measuring your roof to make sure you have enough material for everything. Then, the base should be put on with roofing felt or tarpaper. Next, someone would install the edging with nails and then install the metal trim with metal wood nails.

Answered: 2019-06-25 18:52:53

Answered: 2019-06-25 21:00:45

I know very little about flat roofs, so I looked up this intriguing question and found this description " > description that talks about how you should measure everything accurately to make sure you have enough material to do it. If you use shingles, you should have an extra 3 – 6 inches so there’s air flow. Then, you can remove any shingles that’s still on and create a base out of roofing felt. Then, you can install the metal edging with nails. Then, you can lay down the roof sheet with wooden screws and overlap them correctly and then you can finally install the metal trim to your roof with metal wood screws.

Answered: 2019-06-25 16:36:07

Hey, you can look it up easily on google. But to answer your question anyway, you should probably hire a professional to do the job right if you are having bad problems with your roof. They will probably measure everything to see how much material they need, then they would remove any shingles or damaged parts of your roof. Next, they would make a base with roofing felt or other material stuff similar. Installing the metal edging with nails and then the metal trim would be the last steps.

Answered: 2019-06-25 14:11:28

I guess you can start by measuring your roof and all the sides and such to make sure you buy enough material. It’s also a good idea to know beforehand so you can estimate how much it will cost. Then, you can clear away old shingles and stuff like that to make a base on the roof with roofing felt. Then, you would have to install the edging and then install the metal trim. I hope you are able to figure out your roof problems.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers