Login as a User

how to install a flat roof drain

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install a flat roof drain
Asked: 2019-06-25 09:47:50
Our home has a flat roof and we have noticed some pooling that is starting to worry us. Is there a way for me to drain the water from the roof safely so that we don’t have to worry about it pooling as often? If so, can the drain be installed by a homeowner or is it something that requires professionals to do to ensure that it’s done the right way?

Answered: 2019-06-27 05:26:23

It’s normal for water to pool on a flat roof. Unless you see water leaking into your home, I wouldn’t worry about the drainage. It often takes a few days for water to drain from a flat roof so just wait it out and see if the water dissipates on its own.

Answered: 2019-06-26 04:41:46

When I saw pooling on my roof I looked at description and determined that I simply needed to move my drain to a new location. I found the lowest point of my roof, cut an opening and put the drain into place. I used silicone to seal in the sides and haven’t had any issues with pooling since it was installed.

Answered: 2019-06-25 23:40:41

The roof of your home is one of the most important areas that you need to make sure is properly maintained. You should never try to do any roofing work yourself because if the roof fails, it can impact the structural integrity of your entire home. Have a professional install a roof drain for you so that you can have peace it’s done properly.

Answered: 2019-06-27 09:09:46

You should have a roofer look at the roof to make sure that the pooling is happening due to improper drainage rather than another issue. Having a drain installed takes very little time and typically doesn’t cost a lot of money to have a professional roofer take care of for you.

Answered: 2019-06-26 21:24:53

Your roof should already have a drain built into it. Go up to your roof and look for the drain. There is a good chance that it may be blocked, or it could possibly be placed in the wrong location or be too small for the drainage that is needed. Looking at the drain that is already there will help you determine if a new drain needs to be installed or not.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers