Login as a User

how to slope a flat roof for drainage

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to slope a flat roof for drainage
Asked: 2019-10-21 22:48:54
We built an extra room on the side of the house with a 8m x 16m roof. I need to know how to slope this to make sure the rain runs off. Any ideas?

Answered: 2019-10-23 04:37:26

This is one of the best links I have for when it comes to angling your roof for a slope: href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYsP0nAuV1M" > description Don't be scared, if you pay attention, you'll get it done.

Answered: 2019-10-22 21:45:32

It's going to get technical so make sure you have your measurements done right! No roof should really be totally flat, and if you even have a tiny slope, then rain will run off, but if you get lots of rain, then I wouldn't go for a flat roof at all. It can really damage your roof if water pools on it. I put in some tapered insulation and filler to kind of create a slope on mine. It's cheap and easy to do.

Answered: 2019-10-22 21:39:00

Any roofing should be done by a professional. This will make it last longer, stand up to the elements exactly where you're living and adhere to building codes. Otherwise, you're shooting blind and how do you know that the local council isn't going to come and say that you've to do it over? That will cost more. Call up a local roofer, tell him what you need done.

Answered: 2019-10-23 08:11:26

Hunker has a great article on this that explains the degrees and where the run-off angle should be etc. I've provided a link for you here, as I think they explain it much better than most I have seen: href="https://www.hunker.com/13402553/the-proper-angle-for-water-runoff-on-a-flat-roof" > description

Answered: 2019-10-23 20:24:18

Minimum slope for building code is 2%. There are profiled metal roof cladding systems that are specifically designed for low-slope application. I haven't seen yours so I don't know if this would work for you, but it's one idea. I'd call a local roofing supplier and see if they have anything that would work for you.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers