Login as a User

how are clay roof tiles attached

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how are clay roof tiles attached
Asked: 2019-11-13 14:50:14
My clay tile roof is leaking and I want to replace a few cracked tiles, I assume they don't nail on like a shingle but they don't fall off so they must be attached somehow. How are they fastened?

Answered: 2019-11-13 21:23:13

Tiles can create water problems if the what is under them is not installed correctly. Underlayment and membranes are crucial to keeping water out from under tiles and out of your home. I suggest reading this article to learn more. description. This has some points to consider before getting that roof installed.

Answered: 2019-11-14 09:36:02

Roofers know that you cannot install a tile roof the same as a shingle roof. Using nails is not an option. In this article, description, I learned that tile roofs are not installed as tightly as shingles. If they are put in too tight then the tile could actually break.

Answered: 2019-11-14 23:41:13

Replacing a few clay tiles can be tricky because you will need to take up the surrounding tiles. Be careful not to break any as you go. I found an excellent article that walks you through the process of putting clay tiles on your roof. The link is description.

Answered: 2019-11-14 09:08:05

It is okay to not know much about something you are not involved in regularly. I am the same way. When I have question I use the web and people around me. A particular site I found helpful is description. This can help bring to light all the parts of installing a roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers