Login as a User

how to install a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install a flat roof
Asked: 2019-10-24 07:55:05
Can anyone give me a guide on how to install a flat roof please? I'm at a loss.

Answered: 2019-10-25 22:42:47

When building a flat roof, you have to remember not to build it totally flat. There must be a slight incline and this is to help water run off it. Usually around 1/8 per foot is a good incline, so you'll barely see it but it will work. Sheath it with plywood.

Answered: 2019-10-25 16:51:24

I love a flat roof. It just blends in so well with the landscape, plus in my neighborhood, we all have them so it would just look wrong if I was to get another one. Your basic steps are: Frame the roof, use 5/8 plywood sheathing to allow for expansion and contraction, screw down an underlay, make bevelled corners, dry-fit EPDM (which stands for ethylene propylene diene monomer) to protect it, glue down the rubber, making sure that no wrinkles get in it and then finish the edges.

Answered: 2019-10-25 11:22:03

Honestly, it's not rocket science. Just take your time, make sure that you've done everything the right way and you'll get it done. I wouldn't advise trying it in winter though, wait til spring. I found this site: The DIY doctor, and it was ace. Here's the link: href="https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/building_a_flat_roof"> description . I hope it helps you too.

Answered: 2019-10-25 02:37:08

Are you sure you want to install a flat roof? They aren't good in many inclement weather conditions so I'd think carefully about it. A flat roof just doesn't last as long. Think of it logically, water slides off a sloped roof, whereas it just stays on a flat roof, same with snow.

Answered: 2019-10-25 04:59:39

It would take too long to go through all the steps here, but I have a good link for you that has the proper info: href="https://www.paroc.com/tools-and-documents/installation/flat-roofs"> description I think the main thing to remember is to insulate it properly because you want it to last a while. New roofing materials have warranties of around 20 years, so it should be okay. I had to fix my roof a bit before that, but we get a lot of storms around here.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers