Login as a User

how to install metal ridge cap on hip roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install metal ridge cap on hip roof
Asked: 2019-08-11 04:10:25
Hey, I'm Sophie and I'm new to this world of construction and renovating on my own. I've done my own research throughout my renovations at home, but now I'm stuck. Please help! I can't seem to figure out how to install metal ridge caprs on hip roofs. Please help me with this and i'd appreciate it.

Answered: 2019-08-12 07:56:30

Install the cap in place and then you can extend it on each side of the roof and go through every other rib on the peak of your roof until the end and then do the other side. Make sure to screw them down with nails and that they overlap or the wind could effect it.

Answered: 2019-08-12 12:52:32

I think I found a good place to figure out how to install it. This site description tells that once you set the cap in place, then you can make sure it goes past the edge of the closure material on both sides of the roof. Then, you can fasten it to every other rib on both sides of the peak on top of the roof with screws. You can use screws to fasten both ends.

Answered: 2019-08-12 01:34:28

This is a little confusing since there isn’t a whole lot of this online. I think you install it by setting the cap in place and extend it on both sides of your roof. This is at the peak of your roof too, so you might not want to do it on your own. You then, fasten the ends or the cap to every other rib on the peak of your roof. Then you go all the way down and do the other side before screwing them to the roof so they stay.

Answered: 2019-08-11 10:17:29

You can install the ridge caps by setting the cap in place and it has to extend past the edge of the closure stuff on both sides of your roof. You can fasten it to every other rib on both sides of your roof with screws. You need to fasten the ends of the roof but not before the you get the other side done first. You need to overlap the next piece too and use screw to nail them both down.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers