Login as a User

how to install ridge cap on metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install ridge cap on metal roof
Asked: 2019-08-10 00:13:20
Ok, DIY fanatics, help a girl out, how do I install a ridge cap on a metal roof?

Answered: 2019-08-11 00:51:47

Get yourself on youtube girl, you can literally find dozens of videos on this topic. So, if you don't like the look of one, or think they are going too fast, then just choose another. I don't know how I lived without it. Now if I need to do anything, I just look it up on youtube.

Answered: 2019-08-10 01:23:33

That's not something I would attempt on my own. First, you gotta get up on the roof and that's where the trouble starts. What if you fall? Do you have insurance that covers you for messing around on your own roof? Probably not. Believe me, if you fall off, then your medical bills will be through the roof, hahaha. No, seriously though. People are always trying to do these things and just hurting themselves.

Answered: 2019-08-10 18:31:44

I've got to agree with the answer above. Just get a professional. I have been working in roofing for more than two decades and the amount of times I've heard of people who don't know what they are doing hurting themselves. Also, I can't count the times I've had to fix something that someone didn't do properly, and that is costly. Just suck it up and get the ridge cap done by someone who does it all the time.

Answered: 2019-08-11 08:38:23

Ignore the haters, you got this. I used this video: href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirchjS82fY> description and I installed my ridge cap all by myself. It's stood up pretty good the last two winters so I'm confident that if you follow the video, you'll be just fine.

Answered: 2019-08-10 05:04:01

It's pretty simple once you have the right materials, but you can talk to the people at your local DIY store and they should point you in the right direction. I used this video as I found it really straightforward : href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLFxyUZ2gk> description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers