Login as a User

how to fix concrete roof tiles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to fix concrete roof tiles
Asked: 2019-04-18 23:10:38
We have some beautiful concrete roof tiles that are falling apart. I want them to hold together long enough to get them duplicated and installed sometime this spring. What can I do to fix them right now?

Answered: 2019-04-20 01:15:02

You can spread some spread roofing cement along the underside of the a replacement tile or the original broken cement tile and slide it into place. If you use adhesive vs tile nails it will hold the tile better until you can replace them. Press it down firmly before you leave it. description

Answered: 2019-04-20 04:49:05

I like using a concrete compatible adhesive. Especially if its just a tile or two and I want to keep the aesthetic look until I can replace it. I think the use of adhesives helps hold the small piece it in place. description

Answered: 2019-04-20 06:26:17

You want to get some replacement tiles and have them for jobs like this until you get the ones you want reproduced. Dab a bit of silicone at the top of the empty space and place the new tile in the slot. Make sure the tile doesn't budge by firmly pressing into the roof. description

Answered: 2019-04-20 22:20:59

I know you want to fix the concrete tile vs replace it but you should find a way to replace them even if it doesn't exactly match until you can replace them the way you want to. Even if its in a less visible part of your roof don't do it. A good idea is to buy a few you like and use them until you can get the ones you want duplicated. description

Answered: 2019-04-20 18:56:17

I try to use a nail gun to fix the new or a concrete tile I want to fix. I pop it into place and the silicone adhesive method is both quick and easy. I hope it works for you. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers