Login as a User

how to build a metal roof carport

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a metal roof carport
Asked: 2019-05-11 14:23:47
I recently decided to build a metal roof carport on my property. It rains all the time here and it sucks to leave my car out in the rain when I visit it.I have a very small experience in construction and I want to do it by myself. Is it really hard? How can I do it? I have a pretty good idea of what I want to build, but I’m not really sure if I can do it by myself and the specifics of the project. If it is hard to do it by myself, maybe I will hire someone to do it instead.

Answered: 2019-05-12 21:40:49

You will probably need to hire someone, at least to work with you. Building a metal roof carport is hardly the work for a single person without a lot of experience. Metal is heavy and you’ll need aid to lift it. The building process is all about inserting four posts on the ground so you have the foundation and then building the ceiling.

Answered: 2019-05-12 06:31:40

You should either ask a friend or hire a contractor to help you. It can be heavy work to do it by yourself. The best way to start is by planning everything first. Decide the size of the carport, buy the materials, etc. After that, your next move is to set the foundation for the work. After this part, which is hardest, is done, you have to build the roof. It’s really easier than it looks if you have a helping hand. If you want, you can check this site for information on how to hire a good contractor description.

Answered: 2019-05-12 01:25:25

Before you start buying the materials to do it, you should remember to buy excellent materials to use in the project. Use safety gear when working, get all necessary permits if you need any and hire someone to work with you or invite someone that you trust. The process of construction is easy and you can find it in any youtube tutorial, what really matters is to pay attention to all of these important details.

Answered: 2019-05-11 15:27:02

It’s really not as hard as it may seem at first. There are two very distinct phases. First, you should lay down the foundation using strong posts and cement. Dig the holes, pour cement on it and then insert the post. Wait until they are ok and you can move to the ceiling. Be sure that everything is level and you’ll be fine.

Answered: 2019-05-12 19:15:57

Here are some great tips for you. First, set out the perimeters in which it will be built. After that, attach string lines and check if the space is really square. Remember to dig holes for the posts later in each of the four corners. The dimensions generally should be enough for keeping at least two cars in it. Pour cement on the post holes, put them on, then ensure that the ceiling is level, attach rafters and finally construct the roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers