Login as a User

how to build a roof over concrete block

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a roof over concrete block
Asked: 2019-02-26 15:11:16
I’m in the process of building a little concrete block shed for some extra outdoor storage. Before I get too deep into this project, I need to know how to build a roof over it. Should I just ask my neighbor for help or can you give me some quick steps to get me started?

Answered: 2019-02-27 00:09:47

Step one: break your building apart. Step two: go to a hardware store and find a shed Step three: ask for delivery and set up. Step four: move your stuff into the shed and thank me later for this advice on avoiding a huge headache. You’re welcome.

Answered: 2019-02-28 06:58:48

I would seriously avoid some of the advice that is given here. While they might be on the right track, they missed some crucial steps. Check out this video to give you a better idea of how to build a roof for your concrete block shed: description

Answered: 2019-02-27 04:26:39

If i were you, i’d just drill put a sheet of metal over the building to block rain. Use an impact drill and screws designed for this type of work. If your building is too big for one sheet of metal, use two. And if you want an A-frame just attach the metal to a piece of wood and balance it over the sides.

Answered: 2019-02-27 16:14:08

If the building is small, consider framing the roof on the ground to make it easier. Basically, use one piece of wood as your center line and attach two or three other pieces to build your initial A-frame. Once you’ve done that, attach plywood, then the felt paper, then attach your shingles. You can move the roof up to the top of your shed once youre done. If the building is larger, just do the same but not on the ground.

Answered: 2019-02-27 02:47:56

If you’re trying to make a nice, pitched roof, I suggest you ask for some guidance from your neighbor. I did find one guide on how to put a roof over a building like this, but if you’re not familiar with building techniques or materials, it may be difficult to follow. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers