Login as a User

how to install flashing on a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install flashing on a metal roof
Asked: 2019-03-05 13:39:46
I've been searching online about metal roofs for my own project at home but don't really understand how the whole flashing works. Does anyone on here know how to install flashing on a metal roof. Any help would be great.

Answered: 2019-03-06 10:12:21

You can hire someone to do it or maybe do it yourself if you want to take the chance. I know you can install it by bending it into like a v-shape so that the corners of it meets the top roof ridges and you can then connect it to the roof. However, you should know that you need to have at least an inch overlap at the edge of your house so it can direct water away from your house.

Answered: 2019-03-06 13:58:57

I was looking this up last night because I love learning more about construction as a side hobby of mine. I found this description and it says that you fit the flashing over the joints. You should bend the flashing into v-shape since it’s supposed to fit over the top floor ridge and where the panels meet. There should be at least one inch of an overlap at the edge of the roof since it’s supposed to move the water from the rain off the roof.

Answered: 2019-03-05 15:32:29

You can install the flashing on your metal roof by bending it into a v-shape and fitting it to the top roof edge. You should also leave an overlap at the edge of your house to help direct the water. Then, this will help move rainwater off your house when it rains.

Answered: 2019-03-07 12:30:29

You are supposed to fastened the flashing to the joints by bending it into a v-shape where you can screw connect the flashing to the top roof ridges. However, when you get to the edge of the house, you need to leave about one inch overlap to make sure the water from the rain goes over and away from the house.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers