Login as a User

do I need snow guards on my metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. do I need snow guards on my metal roof
Asked: 2019-12-31 00:26:08
We are re-doing our flat metal roof and all that anyone we've talked to wants to sell us is snow guards. Is it really necessary to have snow guards on our flat metal roof or is that overkill and just a wasted expense?

Answered: 2019-12-31 12:30:24

Snow and ice is heavy. So if you want to know why you should go to all the expense of installing snow guards think about this. The average snowflake weighs in at 0.00042 grams. That's nothing right? But one cubic foot of snow on your roof weighs about 15 pounds. Compacted it can weigh 20 pounds or more. Are you willing to take a chance and not get a snow guard even if it snows once a decade? I'm not - I'm going to protect my family. description.

Answered: 2020-01-01 14:47:28

It depends on where you live. Do you get a lot of snow and ice from time to time? If so, you do have a higher chance that your metal roof will get permanent damage when it happens. It's always best to be safe than sorry. Snow guards help reduce the possibility of ice dam formation or roof cave-in, and it's important to prevent a snow avalanche from happening that crashes into your home or commercial building. description.

Answered: 2020-01-01 10:50:56

Absolutely get snow guards no matter how seldom it snows. It’s the one time if it happens you may have damage to your home or damage to someone who's around your house and the snow and ice falls onto them. If snow guards are installed, snow doesn't slide off your roof until it has a chance to melt. Remember any sliding snow and ice can tear gutters off of your home and the last thing you need is having to repair your whole roof, room in your home or someone who was injured by your sliding snow or ice. description.

Answered: 2019-12-31 14:45:44

If you get snow or if you get snow once every ten years you need snow guards. I don't care how many times a year you get snow. You need snow guards because they provide a critical element in protecting gutters from damage. It doesn't matter if its a commercial building or a home. The number one reason for using them is protecting your gutters from being ripped off the roof. Many homeowners are aware of how important snow guards are and they learned from their builders about their importance. description.

Answered: 2020-01-01 02:36:33

If you have a metal roof and you want to buy snow guards you need to pay attention to the reliability of how it deals with mounds of snow on it. You want your snow guard to not damage your roof or affect the life of your roof. You want it to have components that are manufactured with non-corrosive materials; and each one of the components should last the life of your metal roof. description.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers