Login as a User

how to build a flat concrete roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a flat concrete roof
Asked: 2019-05-07 10:28:25
I love being a DIY-er. This includes everything from building my outdoor kitchen to laying new floors, and even installing my roof a few years ago. I guess you can call me a handyman of sorts. Anyway, I also have a brick and mortar business that is in need of a new roof. However, I hate the idea of hiring out for this job as I generally can figure most things out pretty easily. I just don’t really know how to build a flat concrete roof. Can you guys help me out?

Answered: 2019-05-08 14:45:20

Just buy some big concrete slabs and lay them on top of your roof. If you’re really nervous about them, use some wet concrete like glue to stick them in place. If you have multiple slabs, you’re going to have to make sure they’re really tight together to prevent leaks.

Answered: 2019-05-08 04:16:06

Call. A. Professional. Ask several companies to come out and give estimates on the cost of your roof. Go with the one that costs somewhere in between the lowest and highest bidder. Let them do their work while you sit in the shade and sip your tea.

Answered: 2019-05-09 02:45:04

Before doing anything, make sure you’ve gotten your permits and the correct materials. Watch a tutorial like this description and then get to work. This isn’t an easy project and you’ll probably end up wanting to turn it over to a professional, which i highly recommend.

Answered: 2019-05-08 09:55:03

Okay, i get that you love being a do it yourselfer, but seriously reconsider this project. A concrete roof is heavy and can damage the structure of your building if the load-bearing supports/walls aren’t up to the task. Check out this article for a little more advice: description

Answered: 2019-05-09 09:41:53

I’m not the best person to explain things, but i did find a great tutorial on how to build a flat concrete roof: description just make sure that you take your safety into consideration before starting this project or ask for help from a professional!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers