Login as a User

how to install foam board insulation on roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install foam board insulation on roof
Asked: 2019-10-07 06:14:58
I recently purchased foam board insulation to put on my roof. I have since discovered I don’t know as much as I thought about this. My question is how to you install foam board insulation on an existing roof?

Answered: 2019-10-08 13:00:57

R values of insulation are important to how well the insulation will function in your home. You will need to consider the structure of your home’s roof and climate you live in. A helpful tool is a site I found a while back. It is description. After reading this I was able to make the best choice for my home.

Answered: 2019-10-07 08:45:39

It seems that you may know something about foam board insulation from the question you posed. In my time of learning I have found this site to be my go to place. It is description. Gives the short and sweet explanation of how to install foam board insulation and how much you need.

Answered: 2019-10-08 12:11:15

The U.S Department of Energy has a great page that explains how to install foam board insulation on an existing roof. I checked this site out at description. I found that you can access the information in PDF form or print out the article. It was a great help to me.

Answered: 2019-10-09 06:59:17

You can totally add foam board insulation to your existing roof insulation. If you have condensation then there is moisture coming in through the vapor barrier. I found a good site you may want to reference. It is description. If you are a visual person, then you will find the illustrations helpful.

Answered: 2019-10-09 04:29:22

Shingled roofs are the most known. Older homes built before the boom of metal or tile roofs will sport the shingle. In order to put foam board insulation on a shingled roof, you should install this before attaching the shingles. To get help with that check out this link. description.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers