Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof over a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof over a flat roof
Asked: 2019-07-08 18:35:46
My shed has had a flat roof for years. Unfortunately, our homeowner’s association just put in some new regulations that require sheds to be the same color and material as your house and that the roof on it can’t be flat, it must be pitched. This means that I have to build a pitched roof over the flat one or completely tear down my shed (not gonna happen.) So how do I do this?

Answered: 2019-07-09 15:11:42

It is probably going to be more cost-effective to simply buy a new shed than it will be to have to put a new roof on it and then have the rest of the shed match your house. I suggest going to a hardware or outdoor store and simply purchasing a new shed, asking for delivery and assembly.

Answered: 2019-07-10 09:38:33

If you’re not going to remove the current roof and your pitched roof is strictly for aesthetics, you can literally throw together something on the ground and have a friend help you hoist it up. All you need to do is create a lil A-frame and throw some shingles on it.

Answered: 2019-07-10 07:49:33

There are a number of issues when it comes to building roofs. Ideally, you will consider the climate, roof style, and then materials. Once you’ve thought about all this create a roundabout plan of how you want to execute this roof (look at this website: description and then ask a friend to help you out

Answered: 2019-07-10 09:54:23

If the HOA is being that big of a pain, move. But really, i understand where you’re coming from. Since you already have a roof, you’ll at least have a place to put stuff on as you go… I found this video really helpful when I was building my lil roof but it’s better if you watch it than have me try to explain it: description

Answered: 2019-07-10 02:16:54

I really wouldn’t even bother with this project. Just buy a new shed and call it a day. You can thank me later, especially after you find that you get rid of a bunch of stuff you don’t normally use and wind up with a nicer, cleaner space.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers