Login as a User

how to clean concrete roof tiles

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to clean concrete roof tiles
Asked: 2019-05-04 18:17:03
My concrete roof tiles are a disaster in dirt and grime and everything known to nature. How can I effectively and efficiently clean concrete roof tiles?

Answered: 2019-05-05 13:50:02

An easy way is through pressurized water but don't use a water blaster. Rather pressurize water and direct it from the highest peak of the roof from a distance of 3 to 4 feet of the area you are washing and in the direction of the roof’s drainage system. Make sure you use your safety harnesses and goggles for protection. You can try to use pressure washers that have the concrete-rating nozzle, which is the best pressure and maximum pressure you should use, however even the 3,000 PSI-Rated nozzles are good. Wash the roof evenly at least twice. description

Answered: 2019-05-06 12:08:04

You want to pressure clean the entire roof area from top to bottom using 3000psi of straight water pressure using a turbo type nozzle. If you can apply a couple coats of a masonry sealer dependant of the tile age and type, using a Airless spray system if at all possible. Then you have almost brand new looking tiles. description

Answered: 2019-05-05 09:33:52

Make sure you have some anti-moss spray and remove all the debris from your tile roof. I like to use high pressure water spray to clean tiles but I know some people say you can damage the tiles. So if youwant you can use a slow pressure water hose and gentlly brush to clean the tiles. description

Answered: 2019-05-05 19:05:02

You want to use a solution with active ingredients of zinc sulfate, ammonium soaps of fatty acids, Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride or sodium silicate. You can use a manual brushing with those cleaning agents or power wash if you need to. If you have mildew, fungus or general pollutants are the issue, spray a solution of sodium hypochlorite with a very gentle power washing with customized equipment. Manual brushing doesn't work for mildew, fungus or pollutants. description

Answered: 2019-05-05 23:22:45

You can use some great over the counter products to help you clean concrete roof tiles. One we've had luck with is concrete exterior cleaning solutions called Bio-Shield®. One application kills and removes the dirt, grime, growths and more and helps keep the tiles surface clean for awhile. keep the surface clean for extended periods. It also helps prevent the build up of dirt, growth and sludge in the spoutings, reducing rusting and blockages that cause spoutings to overflow in heavy rain. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers