Login as a User

how to build a small pitched roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a small pitched roof
Asked: 2019-04-17 04:27:57
How can someone build a small pitched roof? I need to figure out how to do this with my new house since I'm trying to get my brother to help me with this without hiring a professional. But I still might hire someone else if it's too complicated for my brother to do.

Answered: 2019-04-18 10:08:00

If you want a small pitched roof, you should figure out how the slope is going to be and get the materials you need. Then, you can install the beams, supporting posts, trusses, and then add the polycarbonate covering on top. Of course, at the top you should also add the plywood and whatever tiles or shingles you want to add.

Answered: 2019-04-18 22:17:53

If you want to build a pitched roof, you should figure out the slope and then figure out how big you want each of the two beams to be and install it. Then, add the supporting posts and then you can add the trusses by putting them between the beams. Then, you can add the polycarbonate covering. Lastly, you can put the plywood and shingles on top or whatever you want.

Answered: 2019-04-18 19:12:21

I would figure out the measurements and materials you want to use before you begin so you know if you can afford it and stuff. Then, you can install the two main beams parallel to each other with the second beam lower in height than the first. Then, you can add the supporting posts, trusses, and add the covering on top of the roof. Finally, you are able to finish with a plywood on top and then add shingles.

Answered: 2019-04-18 15:27:45

I was researching how to build a small pitched roof and found this description and it tells you how to build a pitched roof. You should start by measuring the roof or figuring out how big you want to make it. Then, you can install the two big beams that’s parallel to each other and then add the supporting posts. Then, you can add the trusses and lay them between the beams at a right angle. Next you can add the polycarbonate covering and then the plywood and shingles.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers