Login as a User

how to install a roof jack on a metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install a roof jack on a metal roof
Asked: 2019-02-28 17:14:14
I recently decided to install roof jacks on a building with a metal roof. They seem like a good idea to solve some of my problems, which are related to ventilation, but I never actually installed one of them on a metal roof before, only a pitched roof with shingles. It seemed easy enough to do it that time, so I guess this time won’t be that different after all, but I’m still not convinced that I can do it with the current information that I have. Can anyone give some good tips to install a roof jack on a metal roof without any kind of future problem possibly appearing due to a bad installation?

Answered: 2019-03-01 23:17:04

I believe that if you never did something of the sort before or you feel unsure, you may end up damaging the building. This is why hiring a contractor might be the right idea for this situation. In the end, it may be even cheaper than to pay for repairs later. Here is some information about how to hire a contractor. description

Answered: 2019-03-01 21:59:52

Installing a roof jack on a metal roof is not so different from a normal installation. Most of the internal part is the same. You will certainly need different tools for the job, though. While a normal job would require a hammer and nails, for instance, installing on a metal roof would require other tools such as drilling machines and something for opening up the holes, for example. If it seems too hard for you, you can always hire specialized help.

Answered: 2019-03-01 03:25:38

The first step is to decide where the roof jack will be placed. Carefully plan everything before you start out. Buy a good model that can be used on metal roofs. The main difference here is that you will need a material that will cut through steel to open up the hole to set up the jack. As soon as you have it, just install it normally.

Answered: 2019-03-01 01:41:56

The reality is that installing jacks is not that hard. You just need to open up a hole on the roof for the jack and then nail them to it. They are generally nailed directly over rafters, which helps to secure them in place. Remember that, in order to avoid any kind of leaks, you need to be very careful when doing this. Another important aspect is to buy a jack that was made to be installed on this kind of roof.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers