Login as a User

how to insulate a pitched roof extension

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to insulate a pitched roof extension
Asked: 2019-04-29 17:06:52
During the cold winter months, it is really hard to maintain a comfortable temperature in an extension I added to my home. I went and looked in my attic and there isn’t a lot of insulation. I think that if I add some more insulation to the interior of the roof that it will make it easier to keep the extension of the house warm. How do I install insulation on the interior of a pitched roof? Is there a certain way that it has to be installed in order to be as effective as possible?

Answered: 2019-04-30 20:52:10

You shouldn’t insulate your roof by yourself. There are certain codes that need to be met in order for the insulation to be installed properly. You could get a professional to come to your home and provide you with multiple options when it comes to insulating your roof to ensure that your home is as well insulated as possible.

Answered: 2019-05-01 07:26:40

The easiest way to insulate a pitched roof is with a spray foam insulation machine. The machines aren’t difficult to operate, but you do need to be sure that you protect yourself properly. Wear protective clothing and a mask to ensure you don’t breathe in the insulation or get it all over your body.

Answered: 2019-05-01 05:30:19

All you need to insulate your extension’s roof is a slap stapler and some insulation that you can get at any home improvement store. Just push the insulation against the side of the interior of the roof and then hold it up by slapping it with the slap stapler in multiple places to keep it secure.

Answered: 2019-05-01 13:16:32

When you want to insulate a pitched roof, you need to decide where you want the insulation to start. Many people choose to install the insulation between the rafters of the roof. You can choose to use panels of insulation or get a machine that allows you to spray insulation foam between the rafters.

Answered: 2019-04-30 19:04:44

According to what I read on description that there are a lot of different ways that you can insulate a pitched roof. It depends on how much effort you want to put into the insulation process. Spraying on the insulation will be easier but adding two layers of insulation could provide the right amount of insulation you need.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers