Login as a User

how to remove moss from a flat roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to remove moss from a flat roof
Asked: 2019-02-23 02:26:34
I love my house, but I noticed that moss has started growing down the side of it. This makes me think that there is a good chance it is growing on the top of the roof, as well considering it is a flat roof. What can I do to remove the moss from the roof before it causes a lot of damage or becomes too heavy and causes my roof to collapse?

Answered: 2019-02-23 17:31:32

If you don’t have asphalt shingles on your roof, you can use a power washer to remove the moss according to description. The power washer will spray the moss off of the roof and get rid of the roots at the same time. It’s important to only use a power washer on roofs without asphalt shingles as the pressure from the washer can damage asphalt shingles.

Answered: 2019-02-24 18:21:01

You can use a metal scrub brush to scrub off the moss from the roof. Then use a moss killer that you can get at any home improvement store to spray over the moss. The moss should die within a few days and you should be able to spray it off of the roof with a hose.

Answered: 2019-02-24 16:56:02

Kill all of the moss with a moss killer and then brush it off of the roof. Trim all of the limbs near the edges of your roof to ensure that more spores do not collect on the roof. It can also allow more sunlight to hit the roof because the limbs won’t be creating more shade. Moss thrives in the shade so creating as little shade as possible is important.

Answered: 2019-02-24 22:45:14

Removing moss from a flat roof isn’t difficult to do. First use a push broom to literally push large clumps of moss off of the edge of the roof. You then need to hose down the moss with water and pour bleach directly onto it. This causes the moss to die and you can then brush it off of the roof. You may have to do this process a few times to get rid of the moss altogether.

Answered: 2019-02-24 03:49:38

Go up on the top of your roof and use a metal scrub brush to scrub the moss until you can push it off of the roof. Once it’s off, pour bleach all over the areas where the moss was growing to prevent it from growing back in the future. You may have to pour bleach on it a few times to keep the moss from growing back.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers