Login as a User

how long does a concrete tile last

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how long does a concrete tile last
Asked: 2019-08-01 08:14:04
My boyfriend and I have lived in our house for six months. When we first bought it we did a housing inspection and nothing was mentioned or noticed with the roof. Now, when we had our cable company out the other day fixing our TV signal, they told us that they noticed some cracks in our concrete tiles and that we should get them checked out. What I'm wondering is how long are these concrete tiles meant to last in the first place? Should we be concerned that cracks are appearing now, especially if they weren't before?

Answered: 2019-08-02 12:53:22

Ah I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your roof. Now from my understanding concrete roof tiles are meant to last at least 50 years, if not more. Can you check how old your house is and how old the roof is? This could give you some more insight. I'd also recommend having a professional roofer come out to take a look and see what they can do to help you.

Answered: 2019-08-02 20:27:59

Your concrete roof tiles should last for at least 50 years from when they were first installed. There's a reason why concrete tiles are one of the more prominent forms of roofing, as highlighted by this report from the U.S. Office of Scientific and Technical Information.

Answered: 2019-08-02 11:31:37

Concrete roof tiles are a great choice for roofing because they last anywhere from 50-100 years. That's a long time, and if you're noticing cracks in your tiles it could be that they are reaching the end of their lifespan, or it could be another source of damage. Either way I'd call the roofing professionals in to take a closer look and give you the peace of mind you deserve for the roof on your recent purchase.

Answered: 2019-08-02 20:32:38

When we bought our house it was 50 years old with the original roof and concrete tiles still on it. These tiles ended up lasting for another 20 years before we took the iniatitive and got them replaced. This means you should be expecting a long lifespan with your concrete roof tiles too, but you have to figure out how long ago they were installed to get a better picture of what's going on and what needs to happen next with a professional roofing company.

Answered: 2019-08-02 17:23:18

The concrete roof tiles we had lasted for 70 years. We finally just replaced them last year because it was time. You can expect your concrete roof tiles to last for a long time. I'd recommend another inspection of the roof, perhaps this time by a professional roofing contractor who can concentrate solely on the roof. They may be able to point you in the right direction of what you should do from here on out.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers