Login as a User

how to build a pitched garage roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched garage roof
Asked: 2019-08-22 14:42:19
I’m in the process of renovating an old home. Currently, the roof on the garage is flat. In order to make the home more appealing, I think a pitched roof on the garage would be ideal. Is this a DIY job or can you give me an idea of the process that I’ll have to follow in order to get my end results?

Answered: 2019-08-23 04:25:07

Just take some two by fours and attach them at the approximate angle that you want your roof to be. After that, use wood screws to attach plywood. Then add your felt and finally your shingles. It’s a process but you will feel accomplished afterwards.

Answered: 2019-08-22 18:43:58

Go to description type in “roofing company near me” and look at the results. Call the first five companies that pop up. Ask them to come out and give an estimate. Once you have an estimate, go with the middle of the road number. Your highest bid will likely be a scam and your lowest is usually shoddy work.

Answered: 2019-08-23 16:58:37

As a contractor, this isn’t a project I would recommend anyone taking on unless they have roofing experience. I would call a local, reputable company and ask for an estimate on their costs. Aside from this being a dangerous job, it can also turn out badly and then you’ll have to pay someone to undo your work in order to put a proper roof in place.

Answered: 2019-08-24 03:04:50

Building any roof isn’t easy and requires time and skill. Even as a carpenter, this is not an area i deal with often. The best advice i can give you is to call a professional. If you still really wanna build your own roof, check this site out, it might be able to explain it to you better: description

Answered: 2019-08-24 07:09:23

Do not. I repeat: do not! Try to do this by yourself. If you happen to have friends that work in construction and can guide you through this, definitely ask them. If you don’t, call a professional to ensure that you remain safe. Building any roof can be dangerous because of the risks of falling!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers