Login as a User

how to fix a leaking metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to fix a leaking metal roof
Asked: 2019-04-13 00:55:51
Hey, a friend of mine is trying to help me fix my leaking metal roof. Not sure how far we are going to get by ourselves. How do you fix a leaking metal roof? If it's too complicated, I might hire an expert.

Answered: 2019-04-13 07:52:49

I’m not sure you should do it on your own. This type of job should be for professionals. However, some people don’t listen. If you do it yourself, you should start by finding the location of the leak. Then, you can pull out any nails sticking up in that area and nail in new ones. You should also deal with any gaps by cleaning any debris or rust that’s on it. Then, apply urethan cement.

Answered: 2019-04-13 09:54:26

You should hire a professional. They can do it properly without anything going wrong even if it can be expensive. But if you do it, you should find the leak then take out any bad nails and replace them with new ones. You should also put urethane cement on it to help seal the leaks.

Answered: 2019-04-13 04:10:17

So, I was researching how to fix metal roofs for my husband the other day and came across this description and it helped me figure out that you should figure out where the leak is first. You should also tear out any loose nails and replace them with new ones. However, you also have to apply urethane cement to seal those leaks.

Answered: 2019-04-13 13:38:23

Dealing with leaks should be a professional’s job. However, some people do it anyway. You always have to figure out where the leak is coming from before you do anything. Then, you can start to replace bad nails and deal with any gaps. Lastly, you can apply some stuff to help seal those leaks called urethane cement. I hope this helps!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers