Login as a User

how to fix a leaking metal shed roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to fix a leaking metal shed roof
Asked: 2019-08-22 11:10:49
We have a metal shed roof that's leaking. While its not an emergency we would like to fix it rather than replace it if we can. Has anyone got a go-to repair they use that holds for awhile?

Answered: 2019-08-23 03:54:02

You can go to all the trouble of taking off the shed's roof, run heavy plastic sheeting over the top. Then put the metal roof back on. The plastic sheet will catch any leaks. But I'd just buy a new shed. They aren't that much. description

Answered: 2019-08-23 21:33:53

I've used urethane roof cement smoothly over the hole or leak and applied it with a putty knife. You can spread the urethane roofing cement over the seams and edges too if you want. Sometimes I find the sealing is necessary if theres more than one hole or leak. description

Answered: 2019-08-23 03:44:01

I've used some I've done some hole or leak fixes with sheet metal and a lot of liquid nails construction adhesive. I usually apply it on the inside if I'm worried about neighborhood associations. Hope that will work for you. description

Answered: 2019-08-24 09:30:35

If you have a metal-shed roof that's leaking they don't really work with second roofs. A shed is pretty much a shed and you really can't replace a roof on a shed. But you can use a good seal for where the lead is until you figure out how to buy a new shed. I'd use a silicone caulk seal. description

Answered: 2019-08-22 17:15:06

I'd use a clear caulk like Lexel or something like that. Lexel is pretty good and you can get it at any hardware store. Or you can use a polyurethane based product. One good one is NP-1 and another one is Sonolastc VLM. Hope that helps. description

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers