Login as a User

how to fix leaks in a corrugated metal roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to fix leaks in a corrugated metal roof
Asked: 2019-11-04 09:37:27
This is Eleanor! I live alone now that I'm separated from my husband. I don't have any children so I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I need to know how to fix leaks in corrugated metal roofs. I'm really short on money so if you can help me figure this out so i can fix it myself, that would be really good for me.

Answered: 2019-11-05 03:59:37

I know you can get a leak from gaps along the panel edges. If this happens to you, you can look for those gaps areas around your roof. Then, you can use a wire brush to remove anything that’s been inside it. Then, you should use a metal roofing base coat and fill in the gap. You should also cover it up with glass membrane fabric and then, put urethane roofing cement over it.

Answered: 2019-11-06 05:30:54

It could be a leak from faulty fasteners or gaps along the panel edges. You should inspect your roof to see which one it is. If it’s fasteners, then you can just replace them with nails or screws and cover them up with urethane roof cemenet over them. You should also look at the flashings real close to make sure it look okay.

Answered: 2019-11-06 08:32:15

A common leak can happen from bad fasteners. You can check to see which ones need replaces and replace them with either nail or screw, whichever ones was used before. Then, you are supposed to put some urethane roof cement over it. You should also make sure there are no cracks along the caulked seams around the flashings. If so you might have to use a wire brush to remove the bad stuff and put more urethane roof cement on top.

Answered: 2019-11-05 08:06:54

I came upon this site description while I was searching how to fix these types of leaks. It tells you to inspect all the fasteners and you can replace all the nails. Then, you can use roof cement to those nails or screws that you need to. You can looks at the flashings too to make sure there isnt’ any cracks in the caulk and if so you can apply urethane roof cement.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers