Login as a User

how to install rigid foam on top of roof sheathing

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to install rigid foam on top of roof sheathing
Asked: 2019-04-25 09:51:22
I noticed that the upper portion of one of my walls is starting to show signs of condensation. My dad said that I needed to add rigid foam to the roof sheathing to create a barrier and reduce the chances of condensation. How can rigid foam be installed to roof sheathing? Is it easy enough to do myself or do I need to have roofers come in and do it for me?

Answered: 2019-04-26 03:59:40

If you notice condensation inside of your home that means that there are issues that need to be addressed. Before you try to do any repairs, you should have a roofer inspect the area to make sure that there aren’t any areas that need to be replaced or repaired before you try to add rigid foam. Once you are ready to add the foam, just add a nail base to keep it in place.

Answered: 2019-04-25 23:08:59

Rigid foam is installed on a roof by attaching it directly to the roof sheathing by cladding it with a nail base. You need to add multiple layers of foam to create the barrier that’s needed to stop condensation from developing on the wall after you are done installing it on your roof.

Answered: 2019-04-25 12:01:29

You should never try to do any roofing work that has anything to do with keeping leaks or condensation out of your home. In order to add rigid foam to roof sheathing portions of the roof need to be removed so that you can gain access to the sheathing according to description. I was too afraid to try it myself because I didn’t want to make any mistakes that would lead to extensive roof damage in the future.

Answered: 2019-04-27 04:11:42

Adding rigid foam to a roof isn’t hard to do. All you need to do is pull back the layers of the roof until you get to the roof sheathing. Add multiple layers of foam to the area and then add cladding. Return all of the layers of roofing that you removed, and you should be good to go.

Answered: 2019-04-26 00:01:42

Rigid foam is too difficult to install if you are a homeowner that doesn’t know a lot about roofing. There are a lot of steps that need to be taken to install it properly and if they aren’t done properly, you’ll cause more damage than needed to your roof. Just let a roofer take care of it for you.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers