Login as a User

how are concrete roof tiles made

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how are concrete roof tiles made
Asked: 2019-06-18 11:38:54
My husband wants to put concrete roof tiles on our guest house out the back. Does anyone have any experience with concrete roof tiles or know how they are produced? I don't want my husband to be taking on a bigger project then he can handle - that's not fun for him or me!

Answered: 2019-06-20 12:33:12

Concrete roof tiles were one of the best investments we've made. They are made by mixing water, cement and sand and perhaps some stone too. We put these on our roof and we haven't had any problems. In fact it's been quite the opposite, as we put a special coating on our tiles to make them more environmentally friendly. It's been great for us and the value of our house.

Answered: 2019-06-18 23:06:25

There are multiple benefits of concrete roof tiles and different ways to make them too. Perhaps one of the biggest perks of concrete roof tiles is that you can make them more environmentally-friendly, as suggested by the U.S. National Park Service.

Answered: 2019-06-19 12:10:17

We have concrete roof tiles and we love them! I think they are fairly easy to make and they can be quick too, so if you need a lot of them in a short amount of time, you'll be in luck. I'd personally recommend getting in touch with a local contractor to figure out exactly what you need for your roof, but you could always head down to your local hardware store too. Best of luck on your new project!

Answered: 2019-06-18 15:57:53

Concrete roof tiles are made from a mixture of water, cement and sand. I'm not a professional roofer by any means but when they put concrete roof tiles on our house, they laid the support structure for the roof and then put the pre-made tiles across the top. So far so good for our roof, and hopefully you'll see some similar success with your new roof!

Answered: 2019-06-18 16:29:06

Oh dear, my husband was going on a roll about concrete tiles too. I looked it up and found that they are usually made in mass quantities from a mixture of sand, cement and water. I know you can get concrete tiles in a lot of different colors, which is cool, and you can also turn them into more energy-efficient roofing materials. I hope this helps you!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers