Login as a User

how to build a deck over a pitched roof

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a deck over a pitched roof
Asked: 2019-03-01 07:26:50
Living near the beach, we have gorgeous sunsets. However, they’re really hard to see because my neighbor’s house blocks them. The best view is from the rooftop but I don’t really feel safe up there after a few glasses of wine because of the pitch. How can I build a deck over my pitched roof?

Answered: 2019-03-02 02:32:32

I’m a bit jealous of this project and wish my home was located in such an area. Anyway, the first step is obtaining the correct permits for your project. After that, I’ve found that this tutorial is quite helpful in explaining each step of the process of building a deck on a sloped roof: description

Answered: 2019-03-01 15:35:16

Okay, so not only are you wanting to build a deck, but you’re wanting to build a deck on a roof… and that roof is sloped. I’m going to say pass this job off to a professional contractor or at least contact an architect so you can get the best information for your particular situation and roof.

Answered: 2019-03-01 19:49:23

All I would do is build the deck on the ground like you normally would and then hire a crane to hoist it up to your roof. If you don’t want the deck slanted the same way your roof is, throw in a few beams of support to straighten it out.

Answered: 2019-03-01 22:31:26

How to build a deck on a pitched roof: don’t.Well, you can have one built but this isn’t a project that is for people who don’t have a background in building/carpentry/roofing/decking. Not only are you building a deck, but you’re building a deck while being several feet in the air. Not really a smart move.

Answered: 2019-03-01 13:36:55

I love this idea! However, this isn’t even something I’d attempt myself and I have a few years in the construction business. Get the permit you need (or don’t, I’m not your boss) and then call a professional that specializes in building decks on roofs.

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers