Login as a User

how to build a pitched roof for dog house

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Roofing
  4. >
  5. how to build a pitched roof for dog house
Asked: 2019-12-29 14:05:21
My wife just adopted a new puppy and the entire family is excited! She wants the dog to stay in the house and said that the only way the dog will be an ‘outside’ dog is if it has a proper, good-looking doggy house. Needless to say, I am building a dog house. How do I build a pitched roof for it to make sure it looks good (and to ensure that the dog doesn’t become an inside diva?)

Answered: 2019-12-31 12:18:32

You should have just bought a complete dog house from a pet store. But since you didn’t, just use a two by four as the center and prop other two by fours on it to get a frame. Nail them in and then place plywood on top of it.

Answered: 2019-12-30 21:10:47

Just take two pieces of plywood and nail them together at an angle. Set them over the dog house and then nail the bottom part of the roof into the top part of the dog house. Once you do that, your roof is pretty well good to go. I wouldn’t try to block the top gaps with anything that way air can flow and keep your dog cool

Answered: 2019-12-31 08:38:29

Measure your dog house, find the pitch of the roof you want, put a center support beam that is held by other pieces of wood and then nail some plywood to it. Should be good enough, won’t be perfect but you’ll definitely have some shelter.

Answered: 2019-12-30 03:31:40

Dogs shouldn’t be kept outside. They’re family members; you wouldn’t make your child sleep outside, would you? I didn’t think so. So build your roof but let your dog sleep inside with the rest of the family. DOn’t be cruel to an animal just because you wanna keep your house pristine.

Answered: 2019-12-30 18:17:49

A dog house is a great way to start learning how to build roofs because generally you can reach everything without having to be on a ladder. Following a simple tutorial like this one description should allow you to get it done quickly and make it look professional!

We want to listen to your answers

Featured Treatment Providers